A welding positioner is a handy welding design that rotates 360 degrees, allowing you to operate on a single position and a level surface. Welding positioners provide extra comfort, especially when working on oddly shaped welds like tubular pipelines. These convenient welding tools also help to prevent welder fatigue since they help prevent unnecessary movement during welds. And here’s the best part, welding positioners help produce quality welds as no vertical or overhead runs are involved.
You no longer have to maneuver the electrode holder or torch as the welding positioners help in maintaining the weld puddle in position. You get to work in a flat position, allowing you to concentrate on the specific areas of work. Using a welding gripper also ensures a welder manages faster welding speeds when welding with a semiautomatic or manual welding setup.
Now that we have established the importance and benefits of using a welding positioner, it is time to shift our focus to the best weld positioners in the market. In this review, we will focus on the best small welds positioners for your use on small DIY welding projects at the garage or at the warehouse.
|Product||Input Power||Output Range||Duty Cycle|
|110V/120V||140A||60% @ 200A|
|115V||25 - 140A||20% @ 90A|
|115v||35 – 88A||80% @ 200A|
|110V||50-120A||20% @ 125A|
|110/220V||105A||15% @ 105A|
5 Best Small Weld Positioners Reviewed
Rotary Welding Positioner Turntable Table 2.5 “3 Jaw Lathe Chuck 2-10r/min 110v
The Rotary Welding Positioner Turntable is well known for its ease of use and flexibility. This high performing weld positioner is powered by a 15W high-quality DC moto with a rotating speed of an impressive 2-20rpm depending on your welding needs. You can adjust the rotation speed through its 10 level adjustment knob.
The rotation is easy to control as you can also control table rotation using the footswitch. This bad boy is suitable for steel pipes, flange as well as other seam weld projects under 10kg.
- Easy to operate as it comes with an adjustment knob
- Boasts of a high-quality DC motor that can manage rotating speeds of up to 20rpm
- Flexible to use on light annular welds
- Comes with a fairly wide worktable and clamp
- The 15 DC motor is made from high-quality components
- The knob can make up to 10 adjustments
- Durable since it is made from a quality exterior that is dent-resistant
- Might need some getting used to for first-timers
Yae Tek 10kg Rotary Welding Positioner Turntable Table Mini 2.5 “3 Jaw Lathe Chuck
- Worktable speed: 2-20 r/min
- Drive motor: DC24V 15W
- Working table tilting angle：0-90°
If you want a lightweight and easy to manage welding positioner, then you shouldn’t look any further than the Yae Tek 10kg Rotary Welding Positioner Turntable. This high-quality DC motor has a wide adjustment range that will allow you to manage your small welding projects with ease. The worktable speed is impressive, standing at 2-20rpm, and the adjustment knob allows for adjustment up to 10 different levels. This superior weld positioner is ideal for seam welding, steel pipe, and flange under 10kg.
- Wide adjustment range (1-10)
- The motor can manage an impressive 2-20rpm, making it ideal for use when making small welds
- This welding positioner is designed to have a simplistic interface that makes it ideal even for first-timers
- It is lightweight and compact, thus allowing you to use and store it without worrying about storage space
- The DC motor is made from high-quality components, increasing the durability of this high performing weld positioner.
- Easy to control rotations as you can use the footswitch to control and determine the table rotation speeds
- The workbench rollover is manual for improved control
- The worktable is of ideal height(230mm) and diameter (180mm) and can tilt up to 90 degrees
- Vertical loading capacity is 5kg while the horizontal capacity stands at 10kg
- The footswitch can feel a bit unstable at first
10 “Chuck+ 265-770 LBS Welding Positioner Positioning Rotary Turn Table
- Horizontal Loading Capacity: 771 lbs
- Vertical Loading Capacity: 265 lbs
- Rotation Speed: 0 – 5 RPM
The 10 “Chuck+ 265-770 LBS Welding Positioner Positioning Rotary Turn Table is among the leading welding positioners in the market due to its unique, welding-friendly features. This weld positioner has a vertical load capacity of 265 lbs without the chuck attached and manages a horizontal loading capacity of 771lbs when the chuck is attached. It can tilt up to 135 degrees manually using the foot pedal. The table diameter is 13 “and has a center hole of 1-1/8. The table height is 18-1/2, and the overall rotation speed stands at 0-5 rpm.
- Comes with a 10 “chuck
- Can manage a tilt angle of 135 degrees allowing you to weld with extra comfort
- The tilt is managed through the foot pedal
- The table diameter of 13 “makes it ideal for use on small to medium-sized projects
- The 10 “chuck has both outside and inside jaws
- 110V motor for smooth performance
- 4 rpm allows for increased accuracy
WDBWJ-3 Welding Automatic Positioner Welder Welding for Mig
- Rotate Speed:0.2-2rpm
- Horizontal Loading Capacity:300Kg
- Vertical Loading Capacity:150Kg
This is arguably one of the finest positioners in the welding market. It boasts of a principal axis that can easily be positioned to any angle. The 300Kg 660Lbs WDBWJ-3 Welding Automatic Positioner operates using DC electricity, thus giving it a wide adjustment range as well as a wide range of rotation. This bad boy comes with a pulse counting function and can easily orient the correct welding position. Can weld automatically if you press the welding key once you are done with the adjustments. The urgent stop button ensures that the device comes to an immediate halt if the need arises.
- You can overturn the headstock up to 90 degrees while you can also position the principle axis depending on your angle of preference
- Manages single operation as you can press the welding key once done with adjustments to allow it to weld automatically
- The urgent stop functionality ensures the machine can come to an immediate halt when the need arises.
- The wide foot pedal allows you to control the positioner
- Compatible with different types of welding machines
- The turntable diameter is wide standing at 450mm
- Manual angle control allowing for increased precision
- Manages a tilt angle of up to 80 degrees
- You can load up to 150kg vertically and 300kg horizontally
- Ideal for both small and medium welding projects
- Fairly heavy 78kg, meaning it isn’t portable and easily moveable from one place to another in your workshop
Techtongda 50kg Rotary Welding Positioner 0-90 degrees Turntable Table
The Techtongda 50kg Rotary Welding Positioner is known for its smooth rotation driven by the Techtongda DC motor. You can expect the worktable to run smoothly and to manage step-less regulation when it comes to speed. Its range of adjustment and adjustment precision make this bad boy ideal for different types of uses.
The rotary table can manage up to 90 degrees, and you can adjust the angle using the handwheel. Another impressive feature of the Techtongda 50kg Rotary Welding Positioner is its timing controller features that allow you to set the working time as well as status, features that help enhance safety and increase productivity.
- Comes with a Techtongda DC motor as well as a foot pedal that allow for smooth rotation and quality rotation
- The handwheel allows for flexible and easy operation, allowing you to play around with angles
- The timing controller allows you to set working time as well as status, which helps increase welding productivity and reduce the probability of accidents
- Boasts of an anti-electromagnetic design that helps to reduce frequency interference when TIG welding
- The footswitch makes operations easy
- Manages ring welding of material up to 50kg and is appropriate for grinding, cutting, and assembly testing.
- Supports MIG, TIG, MAG, and Co2 welding,
- Not an easy-to-use machine for beginners
- Small fluid collection pan means some fluid is spilled on the floor during operation
There are numerous places where you could order one of these machines online – eBay, industrial sites, etc. Additionally, there are always people who post their offers on tech sites, which might or might not be related to whatever you are looking for. However, these machines aren’t toys, food, or something you should take too lightly – buying one will always be a costly investment, not to mention the risk of purchasing faulty equipment.
That being said, the safest place where you can order this tool online is Amazon. Apart from being the most popular and reliable online service, this online market has a strict set of rules that apply to users on both ends: vendors and buyers. They also provide free shipping to some areas.
One of the best things about Amazon is that you are entitled to use their return/refund policy. People ship their items overseas all the time, and even if your vendor local, an accident can occur at any time. Your package might be delivered to you in a damaged condition – that’s where return policies come into play.
With a weld positioner by your side, you can increase the quality of your welds significantly. The above-reviewed weld holders are among the best in the market and are guaranteed to serve you for years to come. Be keen on features such as rotation per minute and ease of use as they play a huge role in the usability of these weld positioners.
Now that you know everything about the leading products, the ball is entirely on your court to select the one that perfectly suits your welding needs.