Last Updated on May 2022
You might be wondering whether a hard hat is necessary for you as a welder, and if so, what the best 10 safety hard hats are for people like you. As a welder, you most likely have gotten assignments in construction projects or other similar environments. Well, maybe until then, you never thought a hard hat could, or actually should, be part of your safety gear.
In any case, you might even have posited that you’ve seen construction workers remove these hats when it gets too hot. So they might not be essential, or so you thought. The truth is nothing can be further from reality like that kind of assumption. In this review, we consider the crucial role that this seemingly insignificant safety wear plays in a welder’s life then we take you through a review of the top 10 safety hard caps. We wind up with brief buyers guide to help you as you shop around for this all-important product.
|Fiber reinforced resin||1.6 ounces|
|Nylon Squeeze-Lock||1.4 pounds|
|High-density polyethylene||10.58 Ounces|
|High-density polyethylene||1 pound|
|High-density polyethylene||1.6 ounces|
|Polly resin||4 ounces|
7 Best Safety Hard Hats
Lift Safety HDF-15NG Hard Hat
- Fiber fortified resin shell for unrivaled impact protection
- Perforated Clarino manufactured calfskin comfort vault with shaped EVA foam embed for extra shock absorption on top of your head
- Oversized tightening fitment dial to alter the size, simple to grasp and use with gloves on
- Meets ANSI Z89.1-2014 REQUIREMENTS FOR TYPE 1 CLASS G and C, or C
- Moisture-wicking foam sponsored microfiber liner lessens the accumulation of sweat on your head.
- 6 point suspension framework for a protected, agreeable fit
- Triple strengthened crown for unrivaled safety.
Remain safe on the worksite wearing this Class G DAX Hard Hat, Natural (HDF-15NG).
Fiber strengthened hard pitch cap includes a 6-point suspension framework for prevalent solace and effect insurance.
The Clarino-manufactured cowhide comfort arch and a larger than average tightening fitment dial make modification simple even while wearing welding safety gloves.
Highlights a dampness wicking froth supported microfiber liner, which assists with lessening sweat develop.
- Superior impact protection
- Comfortable and secure fit
- Allows for easy adjustments
- Keeps head dry
- Not ideal for big heads
Ridgeline Full Brim Hard Hat
- This hard hat is developed from ABS material.
- Its replaceable delicate temples cushion, suspensions, and headbands likewise accessible.
- You can change the4-Point suspensions to a 6-point suspension with the HP6PTSUS.
- Know that it’s reliable, yet ultra-light for apparently weightless protection on your head
The Ridgeline hard cap is a definitive blend of superior effect assurance and outstanding customized comfort.
- Meets all required guidelines
- Easy to adjust the fit
- Replaceable components
- Works with 4 and 6 point suspension system
- Sits a bit too high
Occunomix VCB100-06 Vulcan Cowboy Style Hard Hat
- It features an extraordinary cowboy style.
- This hard hat for welders incorporates a six-point nylon crush lock suspension.
- It also offers a full overflow to help conceal your head and face from the sun.
- To keep sweat from your face, it incorporates a front cotton terry sweatband.
- The hard hat meets ANSI Z89.1 Type 1, Class E and G and is made in the USA.
OccuNomix is a leading creator and maker of individual wellbeing safety hardware for individuals everywhere throughout the world. Their items can shield you from working environment mishaps and the inconveniences and risks of hot, cold, or blustery situations.
OccuNomix assists businesses with meeting OSHA guidelines for mechanical wellbeing. Items from this top of the line organization are appreciated by a vast number of individuals occupied with sports and side interests and are utilized for the alleviation of numerous sorts of a throbbing painfulness.
- Meets most safety requirements
- Cool style
- Soft interior for comfort
- Adjustable suspension system
- Keeps sweat out of your eyes
- Good UV protection
- Hard to find a harness that fits
- Durability is limited
Pyramex Full Brim Hard Hat
- Lightweight shell developed from high-density polyethylene.
- The full overflow around cap shields the wearer from sun and downpour.
- Fastener suspension is anything but difficult to change and permits the wearer to adjust the fit while wearing hard cap effectively.
- Mounting point for chinstrap (excluded)
- Incredible for modern, electrical, utility, and vitality applications.
- It meets ANSI Z89.1 Type 1 Class C, G, and E.
This hard cap from Pyramex brings with it the unique characteristics of the company’s hard hats. The position of the safety of the SL arrangement hard caps takes into consideration an increasingly regular, agreeable, and secure fit that sits lower on the crown of your head and gives more inclusion than a more prominent sitting hard cap.
Even better, the SL Series hard caps are accessible with either a Snap Lock or tightening suspension. The Snap Lock suspension highlights “conceal” adjustments throughout the day. They provide bother-free wear, while the tightening suspension permits the wearer to adjust the fit while wearing a hard cap.
- Good impact protection
- Large brim for added protection
- Easy to adjust
- Includes chinstrap mount
- Can be used for various applications
- No accessory slots
- Low visibility – dull white
TRUECREST Hydro Dipped Hard Hat
- Cool Air Flow/
- Full brim cap style
- Quick track ratchet-style suspension for snappy size change.
- Prevalent quality solace and protection.
- TYPE 1, CLASS C.
- ANSI Z89.1 2014
- It meets all necessities for Type 1 top impact protection cap.
This magnificent hard hat is in its very own group. It is straightforward to make sense of, simple to alter, and once on, can be balanced without expelling the cap. It is strong. The lip gives some eye conceal in the sun. This cap is a shocker. It resembles the Stetson of hard hats.
The hat is meant for use in steel industries and other substantial enterprises where raised temperatures are average.
Also, it gives a cooling system that functions admirably enough in a warm climate.
- Keeps head cool
- Good UV protection
- Easy size adjustment
- Great impact protection
- Only class C certified
Evolution Deluxe Hard Hat
- High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) shell.
- It incorporates a 6-Point suspension framework with polyester material lashes.
- Chamlon sweatband has an Egyptian cotton center with Porous PU covering for most extreme perspiration ingestion.
- PH unbiased and dermatologically tried.
- The full overflow gives extra security to the beck and ears against sun, glare, downpour, a day off falling snow.
Its shape keeps water from gathering in your head and around your face. Regardless of if it’s sunny or rainy, this cap channels away water and all bright lighting from your field of view. This item has minute contacts like the wheel in the back that can be tucked into the band, level, or the edges on the end of the overflow, making it simpler to hold the bill of the cap while putting it on and taking it off.
The Evolution Deluxe is effectively adjustable. It comes completely assembled, so you won’t need to join bands on this hard cap. It is straightforward to conform to any size. Lightweight and robust, this Full Brim Hard Hat is solid and meant to shield your head from disasters and mishaps as you weld.
This hard carp for welders is lightweight, sturdy, and comfortable and is a high gear to use in or around any construction sites or mining cave where a LED head lam might be required.
- Keeps head cool
- Protects from precipitation and sun
- Great durability (the shell)
- Wicks sweat away
- Adjustable 6 point suspension
- Straps are a bit weak
- Hat sits a bit too high
MSA 454666 Skullgard Hard Hat
- Furnished with the Staz-On suspension framework, which gives predominant solace and a semi-exceptionally fit.
- ANSI/CSA Type I Compliant, Protects from vertical effects and entrances.
- ANSI/ISEA Z89.1-2014 (Class G) Compliant, gives dielectric assurance up to 2,200 volts.
- Standard Size, Fits from 6 1⁄2″ to 8″.
- Accessible in three suspension alternatives and two overflow styles.
- Tried and tested to high-temperature loads delivering temperatures up to, yet not surpassing, 350F.
Intended to offer exceptional protection in hot and risky enterprises, MSA Skullgard head protectors set the standard for high-temperature situations. Skullgard protective caps have been tried to brilliant warmth loads delivering temperatures up to, yet not surpassing, 350-degrees Fahrenheit.
There’ll be no more sacrificing the welder’s comfort for security. Flush backhaul connections wipe out weight focuses. The hat features a graspable fastener with ultra-smooth pivot and steadfast hold. The ratchet comfort cushion contours to the rear of the head to improve airflow and forestall hair-pulling.
You can change the hat’s liner for a secure and agreeable fit. A 4-point suspension framework helps keep the protective cap set up. The MSA Staz-On Pinlock suspension gives prevalent solace, a semi-custom fit, and highlights nylon height adjusters. The hat effectively clips into MSA cap or top shells.
- Really cool look
- Semi-custom fit
- Adjustable size
- Meets most safety standards
- Great impact protection
- Protects the eyes from UV
- Very small fit
Importance of hard hat to welders
Your head is unquestionably the most significant part of your body; this is the part of your body that gives you the capacity to think, talk, smell, feel, hear, and work. It hence bodes well for you to shield your head from wounds. The main line of resistance against head wounds starts with wearing a hard hat.
Wounds to the head because of falling items or knock dangers are frequently genuine and can be deadly. Wearing hard caps not just ensures the highest point of your head, it can likewise secure your eyes, ears, nose, and mouth. Time after time, workers see the hard cap as merely “something different they make me wear” and neglect to perceive the full significance of this essential bit of personal protective gear.
Besides, wearing this safety gear is not a matter of choice. Under Cal/OSHA Title 8, Section 3381, hard caps are a must-have for workers working in areas where there is a danger of getting head injuries falling or flying or objects as well as from electric shocks and burns.
If this definition of workers who must use hard hats is not for you, then most likely, you are not a welder. However, you are reading this review because you are a bona fide welder. So you can’t ignore this piece of head safety gear unless you want to be on the wrong side of the law.
If you need to guarantee that your hard hat have will protect you when you want it to, you must take good care of it always. Be sure that the hard cap you’re keen on is shielded all-around from direct daylight, paint, synthetic substances, and extraordinary temperatures.
Observe that the solvent in the paint can harm the external shell of a hard cap while the DIY holes for ventilation may debilitate its ability to oppose overwhelming blows.
When to Get New Hard Hats
If you or your employees don’t have this safety gear, it’s time to buy these devices. In case you have this safety gear, and you notice some defects such as cracks, perforations, deformities of the shell, or brim, its time to get new hard caps.
Besides, if you see an indication of exposure of the shell or brim to chemicals, heat, or UV or other radiation, it’s the right time to get new hard hats.
Best Places to Purchase Hard Hats
There are several places to buy welding accessories online. However for a worry-free return policies, transparency in terms of product quality and customer service, and fast shipping, head over to Amazon.
When you browse on Amazon, you can see what previous buyer reviews on the product they bought, and find out everything spec wise on the items quality, protective features, and comfort. You don’t need to go out to compare prices or features.
If you have problems with purchasing from Amazon there cstomer service is excellent, you can also quickly and easily return them.
Wearing a hard hat is a two-way responsibility. As an employee, it is your responsibility to protect your wellbeing by wearing a hard hat within your workplace. Whether you need a hard hat to protect yourself from exposure to electric charge, falling from a great height, or taking a falling object from above, your safety is a significant concern.
As an employer, it is your sole responsibility to ensure that your employees or workers adhere to the rules for safety measures at all times. If not, you will be putting yourself at risk against regulatory and civil liabilities.
So whether you are buying a new hard hat or you are replacing one, go through our list again and identify the best hard hat that meets your requirements. Select the safety gear and make your purchase. That way, you’ll not only protect your head and those of your employees, but you’ll also be safe from the long arm of the law.
With that said about our top to hard hats on the market, it’s now time for you to go through this review once again and select the best hard hat to meet your welding requirements now and in the future.
Disclosure: We make a small commission from Amazon whenever you purchase products following our links (at no additional cost to you). This will never affect our evaluation of products. You can find our full disclosure here.